Mike Yagley and Evan Gaertner review the Reformation events of 1521. Included in this episode:
- Dr. Martin Luther’s excommunication through the papal bull, Decet Romanian Pontificem.
- Diet of Worms and Luther declares, “Here I stand!”
- Luther “kidnapped” to the Wartburg
- Luther writes his Commentary on the Magnificat as a gift for John Frederick
- While Hiding at the Wartburg, Luther translates Erasmus’ Greek New Testament to German
- Luther continues his thoughts from Babylonian Captivity in November 1521 Treatise on The Misuse of the Mass
- Growing Controversy with Andreas Karlstadt
The Beer Break features a beer from Unplugged Brewing Company. The beer is Dudley’s Golden Ale which is exclusively available at the Huggy’s Social House in Vermillion. This special beer is a charity beer sold to support a golden retriever rescue society.